3 February 2013

Twenty-two before twenty-two

I finish my degree this year, which is both terrifying and exciting at the same time, and if I'm honest I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do post-uni. I've got a couple of ideas, but nothing concrete - it's hard trying to decide what to do with the rest of your life when all you really know is what you don't want to do! I sense that in this case a process of elimination many not be the most sensible move...

Anyway, over the last few weeks I've found myself day dreaming about all things I want to do once I get my life back from academia, so I thought I'd make myself a list - 22 things to do before I reach my 22nd birthday (that's in October). That way when I finish uni I'll have something to aim for and keep me busy until I work out what's next.

22 before 22

At the moment there are 11 things in my list, so I'm nearly halfway there, and I intend to keep building on it until roundabout the 1st of April (6 months to my birthday and a month and a half until dissertation-day). Some of the things on my list are quick and easy to accomplish, some less so, and some a real challenge. I'm also still looking for more suggestions so please leave me a comment, tweet me, post on my page's facebook wall, whatever you wish should you have an idea...

You can find the master version of my list in the tabs bar at the top of my blog (or click here) and I'll also be posting explanations for some of the list items and general updates as I go. So, without further ado, here's my list so far - 

1. Start a crochet ripple blanket
2. Finish my springtime throw
3. Make a myself a dress
4. Graduate!
5. Get back on stage!
6. Get myself a grown-up girl job
7. Make something patchwork
8. Redecorate my room
10. Start my own 52 weeks of happy
11. Learn my times tables properly

Alex

Edit: I've just realised I was a numpty and missed out number 9 - maybe I need to add learning to count to my list!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's already a pretty ambitious list, good for you!

    How about a new recipe? That would be even quicker and easier still, but could also be really rewarding (maybe something that could be given as a gift?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do things by halves! If I'm honest I won't beat myself up too much if I don't manage the really ambitious ones.
    A new recipe is a good idea, there's a couple of student essentials I've been thinking of refining to put on here for a while now. Thanks for the idea!
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!