9 October 2012

Twenty-One

This week I've celebrated a bit of a mile-stone birthday - the big two-one. Well, when I say celebrated, I mean more attempted to ignore it. 21 really was not a birthday I was looking forward to, in fact I have been dreading it for the last couple of weeks. However, 1 week in and I can confirm that the world did not indeed end as I thought it would. Indeed, being 21 and 1 week is not actually that much different from being 20 - who's have thought it? I would even go as far as saying I like the idea of being 21 (just as long as I don't get any older!) it's got a little grown-up sparkle to it that I quite like.


Anyway, I had a lovely time at the weekend with the 'surprise' party my Mum and Auntie Flute threw for me. 'Surprise' because I accidentally let myself in on the secret several weeks beforehand, but that's another story.


There was much bunting, cake and an abundance of embarrassing photographs and lovely people there to share it which made me a very happy girl. I have also commandeered the decorations and photographs for safe keeping, just in case.

The beautiful rose from the top of my cake which I'm saving

Whilst I'm telling you about it I would like to take the opportunity to say a big, well earned thank you to my Mum and Auntie Flute (and of course my Dad!) for arranging such a lovely surprise. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone, especially my Mum and Dad for giving me such lovely presents - I feel absolutely spoilt rotten!!! This year was definitely the year of the craft/cook book which will keep me amused and well fed for years to come. I really cannot wait to share some of the amazing books I received this week with you, but for now I shall just leave you with a couple of photographs unearthed from this weekend...


See, I was a cutie once...I wonder what happened!

Happy Tuesday,
aLittleBlonde xx

Edit: I just worked it out, turns out I'm only really 18 plus VAT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!